Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shopping in Dubai?

I am going home( India) from US in a couple of weeks. It is thanks giving time here in the US and most stores are offering sales. But my friends told me that Dubai has really cheap and quality shopping, and everything is duty free. Now, I am really confused. With the dollar not having as much command as it once had, and the fact that a two-day stopover would cost me 400 dollars, is it really worth venturing into Dubai for shopping. I tried to compare prices but none of the stores in Dubai have decent websites to do that. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here. My total shopping budget is 5000 US Dollars

Shopping in Dubai?
Rajesh,





I was at the shopping centers of NY, CT and BUFF and Airport Duty Frees in Philly and Detroit last couple of months- and honestly speaking - prices are almost comparable.





Other than gold, jewelleries, perfumeries and electronics - my experience suggests that US is still in the advantage (cost price).
Reply:If your budget is 5000 USD then i suggest you to go for dubai which will save a lot of money comparing to US. you can save more than 400 $ USD if you are looking for elecetronics...etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment