Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shopping in Brasov, Romania?

I am curious about the grocery shooping in Brasov. I am used to bulk shopping here in the US sometimes only once or twice a month. How is it normaly done there. Do people shop daily at either outdoor markets or stores? In our rented apartment should I expect a smaller fridge? If shopping tends to more of a daily activity can you offer some suggestions that will make the transitiontion easier for me. What are some of the better stores or markets? I also read somewhere about milk being sold in bags? Is this true, it seemed very odd to me. I would love any suggestions about products or tips on making this easier for me.

Shopping in Brasov, Romania?
Brasov is rapidly modernizing so even though some people still do their shopping daily in markets and neighborhood stores, many prefer shopping periodically in the newly built hypermarkets ( very large retail complexes located on the outskirts of the city combining supermarkets, department stores and specialty stores in a single building ). Also, some older department-stores in the inner city have been converted into malls or shopping centers.


Yes, probably you'll find a smaller fridge, but I guess you can get another one.


Some lower-end dairy producers do package milk in plastic bags to cut costs, but most use normal packaging.


No comments:

Post a Comment