Saturday, April 17, 2010

Online free shopping carts... which to use? What is the most secure? Which one can I use Scripts with?

Ok, so I am finally trying to take advantage of my online shopping carts installed by bluehost. The problem is, I don't know anything about shopping carts... yet. Seems I have a choice between Zen Cart, Agora, oSCommerce, and CubeCart... So which is the most secure? How about the easiest? What I would really like to do is design or download PHP, ASP, JavaScripts, to use with the shopping cart. Which is the best for that? How about overall with security being the priority? Will any one in particular, (maybe all), allow someone to pay with a credit card then after that is done be able to automatically retrieve an encrypted key and e-mail it to that person? Or e-mail the person with a website link so that they can download something? Wow, the shopping cart world is the most interesting, I could however use a little guidence.





Thanks,





Brian

Online free shopping carts... which to use? What is the most secure? Which one can I use Scripts with?
Nice question. Well I would say that Zen Cart and oScommerce are going to be the best options. They are both php based I believe, I know oscommerce is for sure. The problem with free carts is that they are developed via random developers, so there are quite a few people that know the internal workings. This becomes a problem when it comes to security. There are many holes with the free carts and that is why they are not good to use. You can find a lot of stuff on oscommerce about making it more secure, so all in all I would choose that one. You can setup everything via some php coding to get the settings you want!


No comments:

Post a Comment